Card Kingdom has redesigned its Advanced Search Tool to help you find the cards you really want.
As you navigate the site, the tool will now remain on the left hand side of the screen to help you
drill down to exactly what you are looking for. We've also expanded the capabilities of the search,
adding new logic that gives you more power to find just the right card for your deck. See the FAQ
below for additional information.
Text Searching (Applies to Name, Type, Oracle)
- All keywords entered are ANDed by default (i.e. "library life" matches "library" and "life", the "and" keyword is optional)
- "or" keyword is supported (i.e. "graveyard or battlefield")
- Use "-" as negative keyword (i.e. "llanowar -elves")
- Search engine is NOT case sensitive, although Uppercase letters have special meaning for symbols (see Oracle Text below...)
Keywords are matched against front of string, but will match any ending
- "phyr" will match Phyrexia, but "rex" will not.
Use quotes to search a phrase
- "tap target" will match the phrase instead of the individual words.
- ["draw a card" control or return] will show all cards with the phrase "draw a card" and either control or return.
First select any of the check boxes beneath the color of cards you would like to search for. By default, the "include mono cards" check box will also be checked. That means that if you check the blue and black mana symbol check boxes, and apply your search, you will see all blue cards and all black cards but no multi-colored blue/black cards. To see those you will need to check the "Include 2-color cards" check box. If you check blue, black, and "include 2-color cards" and uncheck "include mono cards" you will see only blue/black multicolored cards and so on.
Select the check boxes of the colors of the Commander deck you are building. A card's color identity is its color plus the color of any mana symbols in the card's rules text. Note that basic land types (plains, island, swamp, mountain, forest) are included in the color identity, however basic land words in the text are not included in the color identity. Both colors of hybrid mana symbols contribute to color identify as well as both sides of spilt or double-sided cards. Cards that have any colors in their color identity which are not shared with the commander of the deck will be excluded from the search. Currently banned cards are not excluded from the search.
The type field searches everything on a Magic card's type line. For instance if a card has the type line "Legendary Enchantment Creature - God", checking Legendary, Enchantment, Creature, or Typing the word "God" into the text box will show that card in your search results. You can also type any of those words in the text box. If you type two words into the text field the search will show results that match both words unless you type the word "or" between them.
When you type text into this box, the search will produce results matching each word you type in unless you also type the word "or" between them. Any keywords you type in will be highlighted yellow in the results. We've also added methods of searching symbols and modifiers in card the card text - see below for a guide:
- The following symbols are now searchable using the following upper-case letters or numerals:
- B - Black Mana
- U - Blue Mana
- G - Green Mana
- R - Red Mana
- W - White Mana
- X - X Mana of any color
- 1 - 1 Mana of any color (0-9 mana operate likewise)
- # - Match any digit 0-9 , , ...,
- T - Tap Symbol
- Q - Untap Symbol
- Mana symbols may be entered in any order and will be corrected by the search engine.
- Symbols are treated as phrases - examples:
- WU will match , but not .
- 1G will match
- 1G T will match and
- Power/Toughness indicators/modifiers may now be searched with the following syntax
- +2/+# (matches +2/+1, +2/+2, +2/+3, etc...)
First check each of the colors you would like the card you are searching for to produce. Then select
from the drop box whether you would like to search for cards that produce ANY of, ALL of, or
EXACTLY the colors you have selected. If you select ANY, then cards that produce ANY number of
the selected colors will appear. If you select ALL, only cards that produce each of the selected
colors will appear. If you want cards that produce each of the colors you have selected and no
other colors, then select EXACTLY from the drop box